Your engagement ring for the perfect marriage proposal
Make your marriage proposal an unforgettable experience with the right ring from jeweler Steiner. When selecting the brands, particular importance is attached to the highest quality, a wide range of different models and collections and a top price-performance ratio. In our range of engagement rings we have put together a selection of different rings especially for you, from the classic diamond ring to the more unusual models, with us you will definitely find the right ring at the right price.
The right ring size
If you are unsure about the right ring size for your loved one, we have put together a few tips for you here
Order engagement ring online
Order your engagement ring from the comfort of your own home and make your proposal an unforgettable moment with a ring from Juwelier Steiner.
What are the best materials for engagement rings?
There are a variety of materials that can be used for engagement rings. Here are some of the most commonly used materials and their advantages and disadvantages:
- Gold: Gold is a classic and popular material for engagement rings. It is sturdy and durable and comes in a variety of colors including yellow gold, white gold and rose gold. However, gold is also expensive and can be prone to scratches and dents.
- Platinum: Platinum is a very durable and heavy material that has high resistance to scratches and scuffs. However, it is also very expensive and can be heavier than other materials.
- Diamond: Diamonds are a popular choice for engagement rings because they are durable, sparkling and timeless. However, diamonds can be very expensive depending on their size and quality.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is an affordable and durable material that is resistant to corrosion and wear. However, it may not be as noble as other materials such as gold or platinum.
- Titanium: Titanium is a lightweight and durable material that is available in a variety of colors. However, it may not be as noble as other materials such as gold or platinum and can be difficult to repair.
Ultimately, the choice of material for an engagement ring depends on various factors, such as the couple's budget, personal taste, and priorities. It's important to weigh the pros and cons of each material to make the best decision.
How do I find the right ring size for my partner?
Finding the right ring size for your partner can be difficult, especially if you want to buy the engagement ring as a surprise. Here are some tips that can help you find the right ring size:
- Ask directly: If you don't want to buy a surprise ring, you can simply ask your partner directly about their ring size. However, if you want to buy a surprise ring, you can try to find out discreetly, for example by measuring your partner's jewelry or contacting friends or family members who may know the ring size.
- Try existing rings: If your partner already wears rings, you can try measuring the size of the ring. Either you can place the ring on a pen and measure the inside diameter or you can place the ring on a piece of paper and measure the circumference.
- Use a ring sizer: A ring sizer is a small tool that measures the exact ring size. You can search for a ring sizer online and use it at home to measure the size of your partner's finger.
- Ask the Jeweler: If you are still unsure about which ring size to order, you can ask a jeweler for help. Most jewelers have experience measuring ring sizes and can help you choose the right size.
It is important to ensure that the engagement ring fits perfectly as it will be very important to your partner. If you are having trouble finding the right ring size, you should take your time and perhaps seek professional help to ensure the ring fits perfectly.
How much should I spend on an engagement ring?
Deciding how much you should spend on an engagement ring depends on various factors, such as your budget, your financial priorities, and your partner's expectations.
Traditionally, it is recommended to invest one to two months' salary to purchase the engagement ring. However, this rule is not set in stone and it is important to set a budget that is appropriate for you and fits your financial situation.
Some couples choose an engagement ring that costs less than a month's salary, while others choose a ring that is worth more than two months' salary. Ultimately, it is important that you choose a budget that you are comfortable with and that fits your financial situation.
It is also important to note that the price of an engagement ring is not always an indication of the quality or value of the ring. Some couples choose affordable rings that have special meaning to them, while other couples choose expensive rings that are important to them.
Overall, purchasing an engagement ring is a very personal decision and there is no "right" or "wrong" answer to the question of how much you should spend. You should focus on your own needs and the needs of your partner to make a decision that you are both happy with.
What diamond shapes and cuts are most popular for engagement rings?
There are a variety of diamond shapes and cuts that can be used for engagement rings. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Round: The round diamond, the brilliant, is one of the most commonly used shapes for engagement rings. It has 58 facets that reflect light and create a breathtaking shine.
- Princess: The Princess shape has a square shape and a pyramid-shaped bottom. It is one of the most popular engagement ring shapes and has a modern look.
- Oval: The oval diamond has an elongated shape and is similar to the round diamond but has a unique shape. It also has a large surface area, which makes it appear larger than other diamonds of the same carat weight.
- Emerald: The emerald-shaped diamond has a rectangular shape with beveled corners and clean, straight lines. It has fewer facets than round or oval diamonds, but the long lines make it very elegant and stylish.
- Cushion Cut: The cushion cut has a square or rectangular shape with rounded corners and facets that create a soft sparkle. It has a classic, vintage vibe.
In terms of cut, there are also different options such as the brilliant cut, which is the most commonly used and has the most facets, as well as the princess cut, which offers a unique and modern look.
Ultimately, the choice of diamond shape and cut depends on the couple's personal preferences and style. It's important to explore different options and make a decision that suits both of you.
Where can I buy quality engagement rings online or in store?
There are many places to buy quality engagement rings online or in store. Here are some options:
- Jewelers: Visiting a jeweler is a popular choice to purchase engagement rings. Jewelers offer a variety of options and can help you choose a ring and diamond.
- Online Jewelers: There are many reputable online jewelers that offer engagement rings. These can often offer a larger selection of rings and diamonds than physical jewelers.
- Major retailers also offer a selection of engagement rings.
- Marketplaces: You can also search for engagement rings on various marketplaces. However, it is important to ensure that the seller is trustworthy and that the ring is actually of high quality.
Regardless of where you choose to purchase your engagement ring, it is important that you purchase from a reputable retailer who will offer quality certification for the diamond and have a return policy.
How do I find out which style my partner likes best?
To find the style of engagement ring that your partner likes best, there are several options:
- Ask Directly: If you don't want to spoil the surprise, you can indirectly get your partner's opinion by casually bringing up the topic of engagement rings and finding out what styles, materials and diamonds he or she prefers.
- Pay attention to existing jewelry: The jewelry pieces your partner already owns can give you a clue as to their preferred style. Pay attention to materials, types of stone and cuts.
- Get help from friends or family: If you can't do it alone, you can also take help from your partner's friends or family. Maybe they've already had a conversation about the ideal engagement ring.
- Consider your partner's personality: The style of the engagement ring should also match your partner's personality. For example, if he or she is classic and timeless, a simple solitaire ring might be the right style, while for an adventurous person, a ring with a unique shape or an unusual diamond might be more appropriate.
By considering these factors and doing some research, you can make an informed decision about the style of engagement ring that your partner will like best.
What are the differences between different gemstones for engagement rings?
There are many different gemstones that can be used for engagement rings, and each gemstone has its own unique properties. Here are some of the differences between some of the most popular gemstones for engagement rings:
- Diamonds: Diamonds are the traditional gemstone for engagement rings and are considered a symbol of love and devotion. Diamonds are known for their hardness and brilliance, making them a durable and sparkling choice for engagement rings.
- Sapphires: Sapphires are known for their depth and rich blue, but they also come in other colors such as pink and yellow. Sapphires tend to be a little cheaper than diamonds, but they're still an excellent choice for engagement rings that want a touch of color.
- Emeralds: Emeralds are famous for their emerald green color and natural inclusions called “jardin”. Emeralds have a lower hardness than diamonds, making them slightly more susceptible to scratches. Still, they are a popular choice for engagement rings that are intended to have a touch of color.
- Morganite: Morganite is a pink gemstone that has gained popularity in recent years. It is typically less expensive than diamonds and sapphires, but it still has a beautiful hardness and brilliance that makes it a possible choice for engagement rings.
- Rubies: Rubies are known for their deep red color and hardness. However, they are less sparkly than diamonds and often have a visible nature.
It's important to consider the characteristics of each gemstone when choosing an engagement ring. Choose the gemstone that best suits your partner's preferences and lifestyle.
Are there sustainable or ethical options for diamonds and gemstones?
Yes, there are sustainable and ethical options for diamonds and gemstones. Here are some options:
- Conflict-free diamonds: Conflict-free diamonds are mined and traded without the involvement of war or violence. They are offered by dealers and suppliers committed to adhering to the Kimberley Process, which promotes international trade in conflict-free diamonds.
- Lab-grown diamonds: Lab-grown diamonds are a sustainable alternative to traditional diamonds. They are grown in a laboratory and have the same chemical, physical and optical properties as natural diamonds. They are also often cheaper than traditional diamonds.
- Vintage or pre-owned jewelry: Another sustainable option is to purchase vintage or pre-owned jewelry. By purchasing used jewelry, you can reduce the environmental impact of mining new gemstones and reduce energy consumption in the jewelry making process.
- Fairtrade gemstones: Fairtrade gemstones are gemstones that are mined under humane working conditions and with consideration of environmental sustainability. By purchasing Fairtrade gemstones, you can ensure that working conditions and environmental standards when mining gemstones are respected.
It is important that when purchasing diamonds and gemstones, you find out where they come from and the conditions under which they were mined. If you want to ensure that your gemstones are sustainable and ethical, you should work with a reputable jeweler who specializes in these issues and can provide you with the necessary information.